Saturday, July 18, 2015

Just "Wake Me Up When September Ends"

I had a crazy delusion that the song, Wake Me Up When September Ends by Greenday was a prewritten song about me. Let me tell you what I mean by stating my interpretations each line.

Summer has come and passed
It was summer when I was under medication.

The innocent can never last
I thought I was innocent, that I did not do anything wrong. I was filled with anxiety back then.

Wake me up when September ends
There is someone who's birthday is in September who gave me a hard time. After September is October, which is my birth month. I find that in October, I would be happier.


Like my father's come to pass

My close friend's father died that summer.

Seven years has gone so fast
Wake me up when September ends
I realized that I was already 16 that time, that I was growing up.


Ring out the bells again
Like we did when spring began
Wake me up when September ends
My ears kept ringing that time. I thought the line meant that he was asking a third party to make the ringing of my ears stop.


Here comes the rain again
Falling from the stars
It kept raining when my depression started.

Drenched in my pain again
I had pain... in my heart. Lol, jk.

Becoming who we are
Didn't really analyzed this line.


As my memory rests
I tried to forget the events that happened.

But never forgets what I lost.
Someone other than my close friend's father died that time. I cried that time. I could not forget. He was like a brother to me.

Wake me up when September ends
I'll sleep 'til this misery ends, I thought back then.

Yup, that's kind of it. There were other songs that I pretty much over-analyzed. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment