Thursday, March 24, 2016

Just a Poem of Regret

You were Romeo when I first saw you
but I wasn't Juliet when you did
no, I was far from Juliet
I was Rosaline, your first love, your unrequited love
You loved me first
but you loved another
and for that love came a price
a price that is costly
and the cost was your life

If only I knew what would happen
if only I knew you would give your life for the one you love
if only I knew what you would risk
if only I knew...
if only I knew, you would still be here.

But I didn't know.
I was naive to think that you weren't enough
I didn't see what was coming
I guess I deserved it.
I had to see you go away
I never saw it coming

You were ready to move on
rather, you have moved on
if I came to you while you were happy with her,
it's like I'm gonna build you up all over again
but you were done...
....you're done gone.

Now I suffer
our fate interchanged
I suffer to be the one with the unrequited love
and I realized that I loved you
when it was too late...
it was too late...

1 comment:

  1. YOU ARE SO AWESOME!!! YOU INSPIRE ME EVERYTIME I READ!
    LOVE YOUR SPIRIT-JAYRENEE

    ReplyDelete