Thursday, June 16, 2016

Just a Cover

We made a cover of Time in a Bottle by Jim Croce. It is a soundtrack in X-Men: Days of Future Past. We really like Quicksilver that's why we covered this song.

video

 Here are the lyrics so you could singalong ^_^

Time in a Bottle by Jim Croce

If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day
'Til eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you

If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
I'd save every day like a treasure and then,
Again, I would spend them with you

[Chorus]
But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go
Through time with

If I had a box just for wishes
And dreams that had never come true
The box would be empty
Except for the memory
Of how they were answered by you

[Chorus]

Captions translations:

sorry yabag: sorry it's out of tune
pansina daw ninyo oh: you should give him attention

So what song would you like me to cover next? Feel free to comment your suggestions below. ^_^

21 comments:

  1. Nice... I love the soft and melodious voice. I wish i could sing too.. but of course I cant !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I can't play the video for some reason. Pls advise. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the song and the lyrics. The words are quite emotional though. -Claire Algarme

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why don't you upload it on youtube and embed it here? I can't seem to play it at all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just refresh the page repeatedly until the video loads

      Delete
    2. if it still doesn't work, I uploaded it on Facebook. here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/jema.enrile/posts/1420524624639950

      Delete
  6. Time in a Bottle is such an old song but cannot be erased in the people's heart. "But there never seems to be enough time
    To do the things you want to do."

    ReplyDelete
  7. A classic song in an X-Men movie? Cool! You are very adept in playing the guitar! Keep playing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's nice that you did a cover while also playing an instrument. Doing it a ca pella might also be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The video is not working great with me, better upload it to YouTube and embed it here, much cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just refresh the page repeatedly until the video loads

      Delete
    2. if it still doesn't work, I uploaded it on Facebook. here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/jema.enrile/posts/1420524624639950

      Delete
  10. I really like listening to cover versions of songs, it brings out the talented people that also deserve some recognition. Good job with the cover! I look forward to more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was a good delivery. I have zero singing talent so cheers to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad this song has a new generation of fans because of its use in the X-Men movie. The scene it accompanies was awesome, as is the song.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The lyrics is beautiful but I cannot open the video. Can provide the link?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.facebook.com/jema.enrile/posts/1420524624639950

      Delete
  14. I cant open the video :( but I love the lyrics!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thought I was hearing your song, but then I realised it's the playlist you have on the side!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am running out of time. 24 hours is not enough but I have to live with it. Now I learn how to plan and prioritize better.

    ReplyDelete