Monday, September 12, 2016

Just What You Wrote

You write songs and poems about some girl I don't know.
I don't even like you that much but how come it affects me so much?
I don't even like you at all.
I mean, I like you, but I don't like you that way.
What I'm saying is, ah shit. Forget it.

I listen to your songs. I read your poems.
I am moved by your words. I am swayed by the melody.
You seem like you care a lot for this girl. I didn't know you could care so much.
But I, who is so bitter in this world, don't think your relationship will last.
Because there is no such thing as forever.
Everything ends.
Life ends.
So do relationships.

By that time comes, the songs you made, the poems you wrote,
you'll cry about them.
I'll be here patting your back.
That's all I'll do.
Because I, who is so clueless, do not know how to comfort people.
Some will think that it will be my fault.
But it isn't.
Because that's just how it is.

I'll burn the paper you wrote them on.
I'll delete the files on your computer.
I might save some. I might use it for inspiration, that I might write songs of my own. I might use them as a guide, a guide for the future where I might be in a relationship. To avoid heartaches. To avoid endings, only beginnings.

But I know that these things are inevitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment