Friday, December 30, 2016

Just an Adventure

I walked for around three and a half hours today. I started around 4 pm and got home around 7:30 pm. My route was Home-Mamay Road-Roseville Subdivision-Angliongto-Lanang-FlyOver-Bubangin-St. Mary's Parish (SMP)-Jehova's Witness Assembly-Home. You have to be from Davao City, Philippines to know what I mean.

The view was amazing in Mamay. Along the way, I got to pet puppies. They looked like golden retrievers. One was brown and the other was white. Their mom went out and she didn't seem to be a retriever after all. The puppies just looked like it because they were well-fed. I saw the owner too, a woman. She seemed nice. There was also a big red chicken there. I didn't know they would get that big. Lots of other animals were there. Beside where they lived, there was a guy shoveling some sand. I continued walking after petting them. There was a guy who looked homeless but his clothes were neat. He wore a basketball jersey and white pants. He carried a flute recorder. He has a phone. The model was MyPhone and the color was black. It was the type that has TV. I still walked.

When I saw the sign for Roseville I thought I should lurk around there. I thought that because I knew my high school classmate lives there. I didn't really want to see him. I just wanted to kill some time. I was really bored. All I could remember there was a lady on a motorcycle with a guy asking me where the Christmas Mansion was. I didn't know because I wasn't from there.

I got out of Roseville and it seemed like I reached Damosa. One of the reasons that I went out for a walk was to buy a nipper from a 7Eleven store. There was one there, but sadly, there weren't any nippers. So I continued on. I reached SM Lanang. I thought of entering the mall and just buy the nipper there. I could also check out my friend having her on-the-job training there and tease her. Haha. But I thought, nah and continued walking. As I walked, the homeless guy who I saw earlier was waving at me from across the street. I waved back. I didn't think he would cross the street and join me on my walk.

We walked together. The sun was already gone and it started to drizzle. We headed for shelter. We talked. I noticed there were tattoos on his face. The tatts looked loked scribbles. There was a straight line and  there was another with a loop. I don't remember all the features. He said he was looking for some fun and just carolled today. He wants me to join him, to carol together. I declined. I asked him personal questions like where he lived, his age, his family. He said he was from R. Castillo, but is currently living in, wait, I forgot, dammit. Anyway, he said he's 30 years old and that he got into drugs. His family got him rehabilitated. When he returned home after rehabilation, their house and his family-his parents and siblings- were no longer there. He was in rehab from 1990-2000. I really tried deciphering him. I kept asking him questions, like if he stopped school, he just kept nodding. I don't think he even knows what I'm saying. He was really inconsistent with his answers. Here's what I got from asking questions and him saying yeses and nos: he stopped high school and got into drugs. The drugs he took was syrup bought from pharmacies. He said he was thirty years old. But if he really was in rehab in 1990 and was in high school by then, he must be around forty by now. He looked old for being thirty. I just believed thirty because of the drug thing but he could've been more than forty. Okay, I kept stepping back as we talked because he keeps on trying to put his arm around my shoulder and his hand on my back. Good thing I'm smart. He just really wants someone to be with. I really wanted to help him with his life. I suggested he would seek help from city hall and find a job, that Duterte will help him. He said no. He didn't want to got there because they would imprison him. We continued to walk even in the drizzle. I didn't mind. I put my hands in my hoodie's pockets in case he would grab them.

Get this, he wants to come with me back home. I was like whut? He just said that I would just tell mom that he's my husband, and he'll own me as his wife. This guy was really nuts if he believed my mom will buy that. He's too far gone. I don't know what to do with him. Anyway, we continued walkong. He wondered if I had any problems because my face looked problematic. I said I didn't had any. I just didn't like walking with him. He said I shouldn't be afraid of the people around and I said I was just afraid of him. I don't think he heard me say that.

Along the way, he bought cola, offered me some, I refused, he drank, and bought two cigarettes by the overpass near SPMC, and we walked again. We already passed by two 7Elevens when we got to Buhangin. It was a long walk. He wanted to rest. (pfft. Weak.) He sat by a parking space by 7Eleven. We hung out silently. I really wanted to ditch this guy. I was afraid he might follow me home. I said I should go ahead now because I still have somewhere to go. He kept asking me where I live. I just shook my head. I said to him he should just go on carolling without me. I somehow convinced him to go our separate ways and we high-fived goodbye. Phew. That was close. I headed on, walking to the other 7Eleven store in Buhangin.

When I got there, they still didn't have any nippers. So I just bought 2 packs of tissues instead. I bought the nipper from the cheap store that lines along the street. When I headed home, my companions from SMP rondalla who just finished carolling saw me. I was supposed to be with them today but I overslept and I didn't actually want to join them. I jokingly overed my head with the hoodie I was wearing and walked away fast. I still greeted them though so I wouldn't seem like that type of person who ignores firends.

I reached home after that. I ate and now I'm typing this here. I just want to remember this adventure. Just another story to tell. But not really. I'll just tell it here. Not to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment