Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Just Lyrids

I forked up my body clock so I couldn't sleep right now. I looked out my window while lying down and I thought I saw the sky flicker. I thought it was just my mind playing tricks on me, being sleep-deprived and all, and I just locked my phone before looking out, so I thought it was just the light from my phone. Then the sky flickered again. I thought it was lightning. I searched for clouds but the sky was very clear and the stars were very pretty. I thought maybe the clouds were above the roof, not seen from my view. I got up and looked for clouds and there really weren't any clouds. I also thought there could be shooting stars, that's why the sky was flashing. So I gazed at it for a few seconds and sure enough, I saw a shooting star. Who knows how many shooting stars I saw tonight that I have mistaken for bugs. I also know the Lyrid shower is active this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment