Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Just a Tale of Two Kitties

January 29, 2017

I walked home from school. I liked walking home from school nowadays, even though it takes about an hour. It's good for the health, and it saves money. I had always had bad experiences in adopting abandoned kittens. The last time I did, it died, and I didn't want to do it again. I sometimes encounter abandoned kittens on the walk home. I pick them up and take them with me. They end up dying most of the time. They end up being too young. I wonder why humans just throw away baby animals like that. They don't deserve it. I didn't really want to take any kittens home again even though I want to take care of them. I just don't know how.

Anyways, I was walking home from school at night. I was 5 minutes away from home when these two kittens met me by the highway.

First time I saw them
Back: Bonnie Front: Clyde
They looked enough to be able to eat, not just breastfed. A lot of bargaining was really happening in mind. an example was that if they follow me then I will adopt them. Something like that. Really, lots of bargains. As I continued walking home, Clyde kept following me, while Bonnie stayed behind. (I didn't name them at the time, by the way.) Another one of the mental deals I made with myself was, "I'll carry Bonnie, and if Clyde can follow me until I reach home, I will adopt them. So Bonnie, your fate lies on Clyde's hands, or maybe paws." Really, Clyde has more survival skills than Bonnie. Anyway, I carried Bonnie and Clyde kept following me, until I passed by two people who were loitering around and saw the business going on. The picture was like this, I was carrying Bonnie, and Clyde was following behind me. The girl saw that and pointed out that there was another kitten left behond and picked her up and gave her to me. I then thought, "This seals the deal, then. You were literally given to me. I can't say no to that." That's when I named them Bonnie and Clyde.

I got home and went to my bedroom. I thought I didn't want to keep them anymore, because I didn't have time to feed them, and I don't want dead kitties. I took a shoe box, placed them there, put two holes in it where their heads can pop out (you should've seen it it was so cute. Sorry, no pic.) and decided to put them back where I got them. My mom saw me heading out with them and asked what it was that I was holding. I showed them to her. She wants to keep them. So, the kittens are hers now and I am not responsible for them anymore. It's great. We keep them.

May 31, 2017

I did not upload the first pic before because I wanted to upload at a right moment, where it can show a comparison of their times before and after, like the first time I saw Bonnie and Clyde, and Bonnie and Clyde now. But I couldn't do that anymore. Bonnie died today. Her chances of survival were slim anyway. It was obvious the first time I saw them. She doesn't meow that loud and she's smaller than Clyde. All I have are two pictures of them together. She was perfectly healthy this morning, something must have happened. Anyway, rest in peace, Bonnie.

Last picture I have of them together
Left: Bonnie Right: Clyde

I thought it was our dog, Ichiro, who needed saving, for he hasn't eaten in days. He has cough, you see. But little did we know it was Bonnie who needed attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment